10 Sep Linux system administrator / DevOps – Mid-Senior
As a “Linux system administrator / DevOps” at B-Open you will deploy and manage systems and data processing pipelines for European agencies monitoring the environment from space. You will join a team that combines a strong research-oriented attitude with a solid industrial background. We build software that works and have fun doing it!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software products in operations.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or Master of Science in engineering, physics, mathematics or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of working experience in system administration of Linux operating system and networking.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in spoken and written English.
Demonstrable working experience in the following technologies / best practices, the more the better.
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu Linux, CentOS / RedHat Linux, MacOS, Windows.
- Containers: Docker, Docker compose, Kubernates.
- Cloud platforms: OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- Python installation tooling: pip, conda, virtualenv.
- Deployment automation / DevOps: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible.
- Programming languages: Python, bash.
- Software project management: GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, JIRA.
- Software testing: pytest (unit testing), tox (integration testing), coverage.py (code coverage), pycodestyle (coding style).
- Continuous integration: Azure Pipelines, GitLab CI/CD, CircleCI, Jenkins.
Nationalities: all European Union member states (We are unable to offer VISA sponsorship for non-EU citizens)
Office location: Rome, Italy (metro Ponte Mammolo)
Employment Type: Full-time (tempo indeterminato CCNL commercio)
Seniority level: mid-senior
Salary: 30k – 37k + 10% bonus
As you’ve made it this far, you’ve passed the first test, great! To apply, please compile the details in the form below including a cover letter highlighting your strengths.