As a “Software Engineer Python” at B-Open you will develop software and in particular design algorithms and data processing pipelines for European agencies monitoring the environment. You will join a team that combines a strong research-oriented attitude with a solid industrial background and humor. We build software that works and have fun doing it!
Software Engineer Python
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Master of Science in engineering, physics, mathematics or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work experience with programming languages Python, C or C++.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer or data scientist.
- PhD, further education or experience in physics, mathematics, engineering or other technical related field.
- Experience with Python scientific stack: NumPy, Jupyter, SciPy, Pandas, xarray.
- Experience with software development best practices: unit / integration / functional testing, code coverage and coding style analysis.
- Experience with modern tools and workflows for Continuous Integration such as Docker, Git, GitHub, Linux, Ansible, Puppet, TravisCI or equivalent.
- Experience with weather, climate and climate change data: observations and forecasts.
- Experience with remote sensing data from spaceborne and airborne sensors: RADAR / SAR and multispectral / meteorological / ocean.
Office location: Rome, Italy (metro Ponte Mammolo)
Employment Type: Full-time (tempo indeterminato CCNL commercio)
Seniority level: mid-senior
Salary: Competitive + bonus