20 Feb Scientific Software Engineer – Junior
As a “Scientific Software Engineer” at B-Open you will develop software and in particular design algorithms and data processing pipelines for European agencies monitoring the environment. You will join a team that combines a strong research-oriented attitude with a solid industrial background and humor. We build software that works and have fun doing it!
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Master of Science in engineering, physics, mathematics or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Python, R, IDL, MatLab, C or C++.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in spoken and written English.
PhD, further education or experience in physics, mathematics, engineering or other technical related field.
Demonstrable working experience in the following technologies / best practices, the more the better.
- Programming languages: Python, bash.
- Scientific computing: Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Xarray.
- Scientific visualization: Jupyer notebook, Matplotlib, HoloViews.
- Algorithm & Machine learning: scikit-image, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow.
- Software testing: pytest (unit testing), tox (integration testing), coverage.py (code coverage), pycodestyle (coding style).
- Continuous integration: GitLab CI/CD, Travis-CI, CircleCI, Jenkins.
- Source control: git, git-flow.
- Software project management: GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, JIRA.
- Earth Observation: satellite data from RADAR / SAR, optical / multispectral.
- Earth Sciences: observations and forecasts data for weather and climate.
Nationalities: all European Union member states (Unfortunately we are unable to offer VISA sponsorship for non-EU citizens)
Office location: Rome, Italy (metro Ponte Mammolo)
Employment Type: Full-time (tempo indeterminato CCNL commercio)
Seniority level: junior
Salary: 25k – 31k + 10% bonus
Great work! As you’ve made it this far, you’ve passed the first test! To apply, please compile the details in the form below including a cover letter highlighting your strengths.